This is the best tomato and basil bruschetta! It’s a great appetizer for entertaining guest, and its pretty filling so I sometimes even eat it for lunch.
I made this a few nights ago at 12am as a late night snack for myself….I know I’m bad, don’t judge. Only I would be up at twelve o’clock in the morning making bruschetta. 🙂 I stuffed my face with a few of them before I passed out, and every single bite was worth it. Just heaven!
I have made bruschetta a few different ways, and this is my absolute favorite way to make bruschetta. I put my french bread in the cast iron skillet to give it that nice grilled taste, then top it off with a mixture of fresh basil and plum tomatoes. So much flavor for two simple ingredients.
I rarely drink alcohol, and when I mean rarely I mean like once a year….yes, I know I’m a nerd. 🙂 Like I said, I try to stay healthy so I avoid alcohol unless its someones birthday. For some reason though I like to drink a nice glass of red wine whenever I eat bruschetta. Bruschetta and red wine, so good!
A quick, easy, and delicious appetizer for everyone!
- long loaf of french bread, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- coarse sea salt
- Lightly butter both sides of the sliced bread.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- grill bread slices in the cast iron skillet on each side until brown, about 1-2 mins. (watch it carefully)
- crack the garlic open away from the skin, and rub garlic evenly onto the bread. ( sometimes I slice the garlic in half to get more garlic flavor).
- Cut tomatoes in half and take out the seeds, then chop seeded tomatoes and put into a bowl.
- Thinly slice basil and mix well into bowl of tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add a little sea salt. Toss to combine.
- Scoop and spoon tomato and basil mixture over bread.