This 20 minute Linguine pasta is simple, quick, and mouth watering delicious! Packed with protein, and loaded with flavor makes this dish an excellent choice for vegetarians. You will be amazed by the amount of flavor that is in such a simple recipe.
I actually skipped out on the meat with this dish, and happily enjoyed my meal without it. Usually I will try to add meat to every meal, but every now and then I like to enjoy a flavorsome vegetarian dish.
Make sure to buy grated Parmesan cheese when cooking this recipe. Don’t pay attention to the cheese in my photographs….I only used shredded paremsan cheese as garnish for the photography. For some reason the grated parmesan cheese works a lot better in this recipe. I tried using the shredded kind and the recipe did not turn out the same, everything just sort of crumpled. Also, I found that cutting the zucchini in half first ( long way ) makes it a lot easier to quickly slice into thin half-moons.
After I got done cooking, my son and I enjoyed this pasta at a nearby park outside. These two beautiful Canadian Geese approached us, and as I was digging into my pasta I managed to snap this wonderful photo. I seldom see the Canada Goose here in Georgia, but I guess they flew down to enjoy the rather warm winter we have. Yes, I know this isn’t a photo of the food, but I love nature shots and this is my first one! I felt great elation and excitement while photographing these geese, so I plan to do more nature shots in the feature. 🙂
I am already planning to cook this for the second time this week! So darn YUMMY! I hope everyone enjoys 🙂
This pasta is perfect for the busy person, lazy cook, and easily feeds a family of 4 – including the vegetarian.
- 12 ounces linguine (3/4 of the box)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 small zucchini, sliced into thin half-moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup GRATED Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package, save 1/2 cup of water from the pasta, then drain and return pasta back to pot.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add zucchini and salt. Cook zucchini for 4-5 minutes tossing often until tender.
- Add the garlic, chickpeas, and crushed red pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, and melted butter. (If you are using butter).
- Divide pasta into bowls, and top each bowl with the zucchini mixture and remaining parmesan cheese.
Adapted from: realsimple