A shot of Red Velvet Cheesecake anyone? Don’t judge me, I literally ate everything you see in the photos…Geez these were delicious. With Valentine’s day just around the corner, this is the perfect dessert to surprise your loved one with. Especially if you are looking for an easy, and quick recipe that will impress your friend, lover, or guest. This is the ideal dessert if you don’t like to bake, have no idea what you are doing in the kitchen, but still want to whip up a dessert that is fit for a king. Don’t worry I won’t have you messing up Valentine’s day, leave that up to me! I made this recipe a few times to make sure it was absolutely scrumptious.
Like I said, I made this a few times…so that is why you are seeing the Red Velvet Cheesecake in the shot glasses, and then taken in the parfait glasses. I initially put them in the parfait glasses, and then decided I wanted to eat them out of the shot glasses. I thought that would stop me from eating so much, but then I wolfed down 6 shots! 🙂
Don’t forget to decorate your Red Velvet Cheesecake shots with chocolate sprinkles, candy, shaved chocolate, or conversation hearts. You want your presentation to look beautiful when you surprise your loved one, so get creative! Make sure you put on the whipped cream right before serving so it holds its shape.
I think I personally prefer the parfait glasses, but it is really hard to choose. The shot glasses are good if you are not looking to eat a lot at once, but I prefer to just dig right in there. The shot glasses would be perfect if you are holding a party, because you can make a bunch at once. The parfait glasses are perfect for two!
The perfect Valentine’s day dessert, and a delicious all year round foolproof recipe!
- 22 chocolate sandwich cookies (oreos)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 cup whipped topping
- chocolate sprinkles, candy
- whipped cream (for decoration)
- Add the chocolate sandwich cookies to your food processor and blend until fine crumbs. Place cookie crumbs in a bowl and add in melted butter. Mix well. Place cookie mixture in parfait or shot glasses. Firmly press cookie mixture if you are using parfait glasses (skip this part if you are using shot glasses). Set aside in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a mixer or using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, greek yogurt, sugar, cocoa powder, and red food coloring. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping and combine.
- Pour the filling on top to the cookie mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve topped with whipped cream. Add sprinkles or candies if desired.
Adapted from: tasteandtellblog